2009年1月8日 星期四

【狗狗的彩虹橋】


親愛的爸媽:
Dear Mom and Dad,

今天我死了。
I died today.

你對我感到厭倦了, 所以你把我送到收容去, 但收容所的動物已經太多了, 而我抽到了不幸的號碼。
You got tired of me and took me to the shelter. They were overcrowded and I drew an unlucky number.

現在被裝進黑色塑膠袋的我靜靜躺在掩場裡。
I am in a plastic bag in a landfill now.

你留下來幾乎全新的牽繩會給其他的小狗狗用。
Some other puppy will get the barley used leash you left.

我的項圈又髒又小, 不過這裡的姐姐有送我上天堂之前幫我把它拿下來了。
My collar was dirty and too small, but the lady took it off before she sent me to the Rainbow Bridge.

如果我沒有咬壞你的鞋, 你會不會讓我留下來???
Would I still be at home of hadn't chewed your shoe???

我不知道那是什麼來的, 只知道那是皮的, 而且你把它掉在地上。我以為你是給我玩的, 因為你忘了幫我買狗狗玩具了。
I didn't know what it was, but it was leather, and it was on the floor. I was just playing. You forgot to get me puppy toys.

如果我沒有在家裡大小便, 你會不會讓我留下來???
Would I still be at home if I had been housebroken???

你把我的鼻子壓有便便視, 只會讓我對需要上廁所感到羞愧。
Rubbing my nose in what I did made me ashamed I had to go at all.

書本跟訓練老師都可以告訴你如何教會我走到門口的。
There are books and obedience teachers that would have taught you how to teach me to go to the door.

如果我沒有把跳蚤帶回家, 你會不會讓我留下來???
Would I still be at home if I hadn't brought fleas into the house???

我身上沒有驅蟲藥, 我沒辦法將你把我留在院子裡的好幾天跑到我身上的跳蚤抓下來。
Without anti-flea medicine, I couldn't get them off me after you left me in the yard for days and days.

如果我沒有亂叫, 你會不會讓我留下來???
Would I still be home if I hadn't barked and barked???

我只想告訴你: "我很害怕, 我很孤單, 我在這裡, 我想成為你最好的朋友!!!
I was only saying "I'm scared, I'm lonely, I'm here, I want to be your best friend."

如果我能令你開心, 你會不會讓我留下來???
Would I still be at home if I had made you happy???

但是你打我並不會讓我知道怎麼取悅你的。
Hitting me didn't help.

如果你願意花時間照顧我, 教我如何當1隻好狗狗, 我是不是就可以留下來???
Would I still be at home if you had taken the time to care for me and to teach me manners???

**************************************************************

美國北卡羅萊納洲立大學獸醫院, 附設有1個名為「寧靜室」

是讓獸醫與主人討論寵物病情並作最壞打算的1個空間

假如寵物不幸往生, 義工通常會為寵物主人準備雨篇最重要的文章【彩虹橋】及【悼念寵物禱文】

這兩篇文章廣泛流傳, 因為人們越來越了解人類最好的朋友是如何豐盛我們的生命, 並長存我們的心裡

這兩篇文章沒有華麗繁複的詞彙, 有的只是對逝去寵物的濃烈感懷



【Rainbow Bridge 彩虹橋】

有一座橋連接天堂與人間,
There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth.

它有著繽紛的色彩, 因此被稱為「彩虹橋」。
 It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many splendid colors.

就在彩虹橋這端有個地方, 有著綿延的草原, 以及綠草如茵的丘陵和山谷。
Just this side of Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush, green grass.

每當深愛的寵物死後, 就會來到這個地方。
When beloved pets die, they are carried to this place.

這裡有充足的食物, 水和溫暖的春天。
There is always food and water and warm spring weather.

隨著時間慢慢流逝, 當我們只能在夢中回憶牠們的同時, 衰弱病老的動物再度年輕, 受了傷成殘廢的, 也變得完整和強壯。
The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by.

牠們整天陪伴著彼此遊戲玩耍。
They play all day with each other.

這些動物們都過著快樂而又滿足的生活, 只有一件事除外...
牠們思念著對牠們來說非常特別的某個人, 就是在世上曾經愛過牠們的人。
They are happy and content except for one thing...they each miss their special people who loved them on Earth.

牠們彼此一起奔跑玩耍, 值到有一天, 其中一隻突然停止玩耍, 抬起頭, 掀動著鼻子, 耳朵豎立, 明亮的眼睛專注地迎望著遠方, 身體也熱切地顫抖著, 突然從玩伴群中跑開, 飛奔過綠草地, 那是因為牠看見了你!!!
So each day they all run and play together, until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up, the nose twitches, the ears are up. The eager body quivers, the bright eyes intent...and this one suddenly runs from the group, flying across the green grass.  You have been seen!!!

牠在你的生活中消失了這麼久, 卻從未在你的心中缺席過。
So long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

當你和你特別的朋友相遇, 你將牠抱在懷裡, 而你的臉被親了又親, 你的手又再次撫摸著牠可愛的小腦袋, 你再度深深的注視著牠忠實的雙眼。
And when you and your special friend meet, you take her in your arms and embrace.  Your face is kissed again and again, your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the eyes are your trusting pet.

然後, 你們會一起跨越彩虹橋, 永遠永遠不再分開。
And at last, you cross the Rainbow Bridge together…
Never again to be apart.

**************************************************************

那些從來沒有養過寵物的人必然覺得這段禱文很奇怪
可是你~~所有生命的主與創造者一定能了解
面對我深愛的寵物死亡
我的心很沉重
牠曾是我生命中如此重要的一部份
牠令我有很多快樂的生活
給了我笑的理由
我在牠的陪伴中找到了歡愉
我記得牠的忠誠
我想念有牠的日子
我也在牠身上學到了很多的東西, 例如:
不矯飾的可貴
不羞於要求被愛
為了照顧牠的日常生活
我不再沉溺於自己的需要
因此也學會了服務牠人

願你創造牠的死
提醒我死亡終將到來
不論動物與人皆然
因為死亡是所有動物的必經之路
願~~在你的神恩卷顧下安然長眠
獲個萬物等待的徹底解脫
阿們!!!



沒有留言:

張貼留言